Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Overall Purpose of the Job (Accountabilities):
- The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for all financial aspects of the accounting and control environment of the company’s accounts; this includes responsibility for the internal and external audit processes.
- Provide financial information and services as enablers to the effective management.
- Member of Company’s management team
- Development and implementation of an internal audit program designed to provide assurance to the board of directors and the company management that the financial statements and the reports comply with the company policy, the internal accounting controls achieve the objectives and are effective in promoting efficiency and protecting the assets of the company, the operational policies and procedures are enforced, and prepares reports upon the board of directors, the audit committee and the management request.
- Ensure that local finance and control are complete, accurate, timely and in line with both global guidelines and local laws.
- Optimise opportunities to improve working capital management
- Establish and maintain an appropriate internal control environment
- Perform all management reporting
- Monitor accounting transactions on a daily basis
- Ensure proper revenue recognition and cost control, including accruals
- Ensure proper accounting processes are followed and timely payment of all statutory dues
- Proper and timely reconciliations of all general ledger accounts
- Monitoring of bank account, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Manage the Company’s annual budget process, including planning, preparation and presentation
- Manage the Company’s annual book close process, including interaction with external auditors and ensuring audit files are prepared
- Prepare all monthly reports, for both local management and company, budget and book close booklets and board material
- Ensure all reports are substantiated by detailed analysis and variance reporting
- Ensure the fixed asset register is maintained and that it reconciles to the general ledger control accounts
- Ensure AR and AP ledgers are maintained and that they reconcile to control accounts.
- Maintain a risk register for the Company
- Conduct internal audits
- Formulate audit plans strategies, which will result in the company long-term development and growth.
- Safeguard the company from potential losses by coordinating with departments with regard to controls and ensuring that all limits and procedures are adhered to.
- Reviews the audit working papers and reports prepared by the internal auditors to determine if adequate and accurate analysis of findings has been made and resolve technical problems, if any.
- Keeps management informed on operating efficiency by reviewing the financial analysis and the operating procedures at all company levels.
- Coordinates with external auditors for procedures and/or audit steps to be performed and keeps them informed on the results of the audits.
- Provide appropriate financial information and expertise to inform and challenge strategic initiatives, investment calculations and general targets, across the Company.
- Responsible for establishing, evaluating and signing off investment proposals within the company
- Ensure timely and high quality reporting within company, including:
- Monthly and quarterly reporting
- Leads and co-ordinates the risk management strategy of Spimaco with management team.
- recommendations to the management team in the risk assessment and management process
- Drive change management of current processes to enhance performance in line with established KPI’s.
- Ensure timely filing of Zakat and Income tax returns and its follow up.
- Minimum university degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration or related discipline. Completed Master’s degree in Finance, Business administration or related qualification is highly desirable.
- Must have a Professional Certification in CA and/ or CPA, Preferably holding any other Professional Certificate such as (SOCPA, CFA, and CMA).
- Minimum seven years experience in audit, finance, and accounting a reputable company.
- At least 3 years in managerial level.
- Professional standard of knowledge to lead through functional/general expertise in the finance and associated functions
- Collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to achieve results.
- Able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Proven track record of delivering at senior management level.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English.